Sunday, September 1, 2013

Oil and Water Don't Mix

 
 
Rain Rain Go Away
 
 
 
For many years I have sketched and occasionally tried painting small watercolors outdoors.  But I was always at the mercy of the weather.  Humidity and of course rain quickly ruins anything on paper.  Partly because of this frustration is why I decided to give oil paint a try.  I heard you can paint no matter what the weather.  If you can handle the weather so can the oil paint.  So I was put to the test on the day I did this painting at Forest Park.  There was rain in the forecast so I set up under a tree, had a small umbrella handy just in case and got started.  There was a light sprinkling off and on, only enough to put up the umbrella a few times.  The rain just rolled off my palette and painting.  I am happy to say that, yes, you can paint in the rain.
 
 
 

sold

Forest Park Summer


No comments:

Post a Comment