Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weather Watch

Changing Weather
 
I have always been a weather watcher.  Coming from a farm family, it has always been important to know what the weather was going to do.  As a former runner,  knowing the predicted temperature was important to know how to dress.  Now as a plein air painter, wind and rain are the things to be on the alert for.  So this morning the prediction was a cold front coming with tornado warnings and wind advisory.  In spite of that I joined a group of others who wanted to take their chances.  We set up around the World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park and I was immediately drawn to the ever changing sky.  I decided to work small (5x7) and just as I finished this piece the front moved in with high wind and rain sending everyone for cover.  Tree limbs were breaking and leaves swirled everywhere.  Within about 15min. it was over and the sun was out.   I'm glad I went and I think I captured the prelude to the weather event in this sky scape.
 
 

Prelude to a Storm


1 comment:

  1. Great job! I like the colors of the tree line contrasting the cloudy sky. What a crazy weather day!

    ReplyDelete